Recently, Many Hands was accepted and installed at another arts festival. The installation underwent a few changes and upgrades for the new location, and the nature of the festival added some new challenges compared to the last installation at BEAMS festival.
Since I had gotten serial communication working to my Arch board, and with it basic debugging, I decided the next step was to get measurements from the Grove humidity sensor.
After successfully connecting WiFi to my RPi, I had something which was headless and portable (except of course, for power). The next step to turn it into a minimally interactive information panel was to add the display. The timing is a bit uncanny because Raspberry Pi just released a 7 inch touchscreen, but I’m going … More Adding a display panel to the RPi
As mentioned in the introductory post, this project will, at the very least, require the selection of a controller, a cellular device to send and receive SMS messages, and a humidity sensor.