I have recently downloaded Visual Studio 2017 (Community, v15.5.6) and found a strange quirk when creating a new project. It wasted a few hours, which always makes something worthy of a walkthrough.
I recently started using boost libraries in a C++ project. Wanting to reduce overheads when compiling projects, I decided to build and link the libraries in Visual Studio. There were a few problems when following the instructions on boost (for starters, we are building 1.68, not 1.67). These problems and my solutions are detailed here.
With the arrival of my amaysim, I managed to get the Arch GPRS V2 to send an SMS message.
I had trouble getting the time to work on my Arch GPRS V2 in the last post, which is a shame because it would be incredibly useful. Fortunately, I stumbled across a lead which I was able to follow.
Since I had gotten serial communication working to my Arch board, and with it basic debugging, I decided the next step was to get measurements from the Grove humidity sensor.