I recently started using boost libraries in a C++ project. Wanting to reduce overheads when compiling projects, I decided to build and link the libraries in Visual Studio. There were a few problems when following the instructions on boost (for starters, we are building 1.68, not 1.67). These problems and my solutions are detailed here.
Thingsboard is an open-source IoT platform for collecting data from devices and displaying it in a simple web browser. This can easily be deployed on a home network using an old Raspberry Pi.
Recently, Many Hands was accepted and installed at another arts festival. The installation underwent a few changes and upgrades for the new location, and the nature of the festival added some new challenges compared to the last installation at BEAMS festival.
BEAMS arts festival takes over Chippendale, Sydney, for a night in September each year. It brings together an eclectic mix of light, music, food and graffiti. Think a poor man’s Vivid Festival. Sydney loves its light festivals, and BEAMS gives those new to the game a chance on something a bit more low key, with less bureaucracy … More Many Hands at BEAMS arts festival
I have been trying to finish and publish a fully featured and documented program that can be run on the ARCH GPRS V2.
A little while ago I started on a project where an ESP8266 would take a reading on one of its GPIOs periodically, and push this value to a server over WiFi. This was my first time working with the ESP8266, and I found it to really only be valuable because of the user community.
With the arrival of my amaysim, I managed to get the Arch GPRS V2 to send an SMS message.
Seeing as the Arch GPRS V2 board has an SD card, I thought it would be a good idea to set up some logging on it. This will be the Grove measurements in a CSV file, as well as system events in a log file.
I had trouble getting the time to work on my Arch GPRS V2 in the last post, which is a shame because it would be incredibly useful. Fortunately, I stumbled across a lead which I was able to follow.
Since I had gotten serial communication working to my Arch board, and with it basic debugging, I decided the next step was to get measurements from the Grove humidity sensor.