I get a lot of emails from a certain financial institution and I decided I wanted to parse the information they send me as best I could. This is actually pretty easy when you’ve got a Gmail account, because you can hook into your email in a non-clunky way.
I have recently downloaded Visual Studio 2017 (Community, v15.5.6) and found a strange quirk when creating a new project. It wasted a few hours, which always makes something worthy of a walkthrough.
I recently started using boost libraries in a C++ project. Wanting to reduce overheads when compiling projects, I decided to build and link the libraries in Visual Studio. There were a few problems when following the instructions on boost (for starters, we are building 1.68, not 1.67). These problems and my solutions are detailed here.