Since I had gotten serial communication working to my Arch board, and with it basic debugging, I decided the next step was to get measurements from the Grove humidity sensor.
As development for this module occurs in a browser, rather than an IDE with the typical debugging features, the best way to troubleshoot is to print messages over a serial port that can be read by a laptop.
After successfully connecting WiFi to my RPi, I had something which was headless and portable (except of course, for power). The next step to turn it into a minimally interactive information panel was to add the display. The timing is a bit uncanny because Raspberry Pi just released a 7 inch touchscreen, but I’m going … More Adding a display panel to the RPi
I set up WiFi on my Pi with the module I recently bought, so that I can move it away from my router.