This post is mostly just a repository for all the resources required for setting up GUI development on a Raspberry Pi.
Some of the links contain instructions that overlap with each other, but all the information needed is here! Note that I performed all of this from a laptop running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
- Plug your Pi into a power supply and directly to your router with an ethernet cable
- Finding your Pi on your home network
- Set up your Pi for VNC
- Connecting to your Pi using Remmina
- Install Qt on your Pi, you may need to check your hardware version
- The link provides instructions to update the system, download qt, initiate repository, configure, compile using correct compiler